Wednesday 30 October 2013

Reasons why I will never forget my parents by Lola Alonge



Uhnnnnnn…………

Parents

When we teens hear that, sometimes we smile. For boys, it could be that they just got a new set of games of or any other boy stuff. For girls however, it could be that they just got a new pair of super-hot shoes or a cute dress. All the same, we smile sometimes when the word is mentioned. All the same, we smile sometimes when the word is mentioned.

At other times tough, it’s the exact opposite. A frown creases your face without you even knowing it. It’s mostly because you don’t get what you want at that particular time. And believe me, that’s mostly the case.

But at such “not so good times”, I try to remind myself of all the joy and happiness I receive from them. Ever since I was little, I was brought up with the Bible. I have also grown up lacking nothing.

My Parents are not so rich, they are not poor either, they are more or less at the middle, but they make sure My siblings and I get everything we need, not everything we want. But what more can I ask for?  

Also, all my years in school, I have never be sent out of school for not paying my fees on time. I can’t even remember when my name was called for such! That also goes for all my siblings and we all went to private schools.

During my primary and secondary school years, there was no textbook I asked of that was not given to me, of course I didn’t buy all the textbooks that was written to me in the syllabus because that will just be a waste of money and bag space. That’s why I always succeeded in both primary and secondary schools. It is also by the grace of the Almighty God the love and care of my parents that I had the best WAEC result of my set. I still relish the memory up till this very day. I’ll stop on my primary and secondary school education.

Now to the university. I didn’t write any Post- UTME because of age related issues, so I had to apply for UNILAG foundation programme or I’ll have to stay at home. And trust me staying at home was NOT an option. I had a tutorial teacher, thanks to my parents and by God’s grace I wrote and passed the entrance examination.

Due to concerns about my morals my parents were very  reluctant to let me stay in school. At first I was very  angry with them because apart from the stress, a lot of money was spent on transportation and other expenses every week since where I stay is a little bit far from the university. But I had no choice. They are my parents, they know what’s best for me and they love me. So for almost all of first semester, except for the week of exams, I was going from home, I passed, thank God, but it wasn’t easy at all.

Second semester, though took a turn for the better for myself and my parents. For me in that I didn’t go through as much stress as first semester, and my parents in that they didn’t spend much money as first semester. They finally agreed that I could handle myself so I stayed in school most of the semester. And once again, I passed very well by the grace of God and the understanding of my parents. For now though, am home awaiting the strike to be called off. Of Course my parents celebrated my success with me and they gave me a surprise that has not been actualized yet, but will be soon.

I can go on and on about reasons why I will never forget my parents, but I will have to stop here. Sometimes I think of how I will cope if I lose any of my parents in death and while I cannot say I know how those who have lost any or both of them feel, I really feel for them and I sincerely hope and pray God helps them bear their loses.

As you finish reading this article, I would like you to ask yourself ‘’why will I not  forget my parents?’’ . Am certain that if you ponder on the reasons why, it will help you deal with misunderstandings you might have with them.

THEY LOVE YOU, CARE FOR YOU AND WANT THE BEST FOR YOU.
AUTHOR- LOLA ALONGE
Picture from Google images

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would appreciate your comments, suggestions and advice