Friday 14 February 2014

Being a course Representative in a competitive class my story by Joshua Idowu.


Being a course Representative in a competitive class my story by Joshua Idowu.

Hello I am Joshua Idowu, course representative of the immediate past diploma class. This could help course reps and people holding leadership positions in class.

It was really scary, volunteering to lead students in diploma when I had my academics to face, it came with fear but I heard something at the back of my mind that this should propel me to work harder! As the course rep if I fail all would know but God helped me.

It was really challenging waiting behind for students to sign attendance and collecting assignments. I remember some public insult from two lecturers as a course rep I sometimes felt  like I should drop the position but something in made  me continue.

I learnt that responsibility makes you helpful and pressurize you to make a meaningful impact.

I also saw that division of labour helps we were about 50-51 but I had 2 Assistants ( Chima Kelechi and Jessica Carson). Jessica helped with the attendance a lot. I learnt that sharing responsibility brings about ease.

And by God’s grace we made it!

To students with responsibility on their necks make sure you don’t neglect your academics,

Ensure your responsibility propels you to work hard,

Division of Labour would be helpful,

Humility and willingness to help and serve would make you important among your collegues.

Make sure your responsibility doesn’t affect your academics and most importantly Remember God.

All the best,

Joshua Idowu.
Originally published on www.medigist.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would appreciate your comments, suggestions and advice